Neighbors

Neighbors

Thursday, December 15, 2011

Intro

     I have been thinking about starting a blog for a little while now but it is pretty intimidating to think about especially when lately I have become somewhat of an avid blog reader. And there are some amazing ones out there! However, with a little encouragement from friends and family, I'm doing this! I am excited to share my life in a written format-mostly so I can read back over this and remember the sweet, funny things that happen in my life on a daily basis. (Because if you know me, you know my memory is...well, bad.) I also think this will be therapeutic for me to write out the thoughts going on in my head and process them out loud or at least on this blog. I work in foster care, live in an apartment complex with refugees who are new to America and sometimes it is overwhelming knowing all the needs that are out there. I would not trade my life for anything-I love seeing Jesus meet needs and bring families and children together. I get to see Jesus provide for people all of the time and it is amazing! So most of what I write about will be foster kiddos, refugees and other random things that cross my mind that I may decide to explore via this blog. Get excited!


     It took a few days to figure out a name for this blog. I had one kind of picked out, but a friend of mine actually used the same name for her blog a few years ago...so I asked people to help me figure out a  name that was cute, catchy, not too shallow..you know, all the characteristics of a good blog name. Top contenders were "Where is my chapstick?," "Speaking of Crazy," and "I heart Brad Paisley." Finally after many texts and phone calls with my brother, asking his opinion on these ideas and hearing "nah...," I said "I just really want to use the word grace and the word crazy." And he said "what about...A Crazy Kind of Grace?" And I loved it!! Because Jesus' grace is crazy, as in, it doesn't make sense and I do NOT deserve it at all, but He gives it just the same. And I feel like I am always being shown grace whether it is from Jesus himself or awesome friends/family who show me grace on a daily basis. So that is the story of my blog name... Thanks Andrew! 

1 comment: